Medway Head Lighthouse

Lighthouse Details
44° 06' 10.6'' N    -64° 32' 23.3'' W
  • Home
  • Lighthouse Interractive Map
     This is a lighthouse to visit. Visitor Info44° 06' 10.6'' N    -64° 32' 23.3'' W    Google Map

The Fourth Medway Head Lighthouse <br>c. 1990
© Courtesy Department of Fisheries and Oceans
The Fourth Medway Head Lighthouse
c. 1990
There have been four lighthouses at this station. The first lighthouse was a square wood dwelling 23 feet high, painted white, with a black square daymark. This building was replaced in 1927 by a square two storey dwelling with a lantern atop the roof. This building was then replaced by a fiberglass tower in 1963. The house has been moved across the road and is now a private dwelling. (Not open to the public.) The current wooden pyramidal wooden tower 29 feet (8.8m) high was built in 1983 to replace the deteriorated fiberglass tower. The equipment to run the light is inside the tower.

Medway Head Lighthouse   Specs at a glance...


Body of WaterPort Medway Harbour
CountyQueens
RegionSouth Shore
Scenic DriveLighthouse Route
Still standing:True
Still operating:True